FASD is a lifelong disability however with appropriate supports and services, individuals with FASD can live very healthy, happy and successful lives.
FASD Ontario is your source of accurate, up-to-date Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) information for Ontario. This new website www.fasdon.ca will help you find the closest available FASD services, learn about a variety of FASD topics, read the latest news and find training.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Program services:
The Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder program is a family centered support program for families with children between the ages of 0-18 years of age, (21 if in school,) who have diagnosed or suspected FASD. Parents/caregivers will be provided a Family Support Worker who can provide:
- Brief consultative services to parents/caregivers or members of the individual’s support team to have a better understanding of the needs of individuals living with FASD.
- Coaching with a FASD perspective.
- Expand skills and knowledge within the family’s circle of support.
- Support families to select and access appropriate services.
- Provide FASD training, awareness and resources.
How to Refer to the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program:
Referrals are accepted from parents/caregivers, health providers, child cares, schools and community service providers.
For referrals from parents/caregivers and families, please contact the Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent by phone or in person.
After a referral is received, an intake worker will contact the family.
For Community Service Providers who would like to make a referral, please complete the Community Service Provider Referral Form for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and send by FAX, mail or email to the Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham Kent.